This course contains 10 hours tax law, 6 hours AFTR, and 2-hours Ethics. After completion of this course with a 70% or better, the tax professional will be able to have limited representation rights for their clients.
How do I obtain an AFSP-Record of Completion.
- Take a six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course that covers filing season issues and tax law updates, as well as a knowledge-based comprehension test administered at the end of the course by the CE Provider.
- Take three (3) hours of other federal tax law topics; and
- Take two (2) hours of ethics.
- Have a preparer tax identification number (PTIN).
- Consent to adhere to specific practice obligations outlined in subpart B and section 10.51 of Treasury Department Circular No. 230.